Talking with your doctor about health issues is not always easy and can be sometimes be scary. Here is a list of questions that can help you talk to your doctor and learn more about your medications:
Questions to Ask Your Doctor about Medications:
1. Why are you recommending this medication?
2. Are there alternatives that might be tried before this medication is used?
3. Does research support the use of the recommended medication for a person my age and with similar needs?
4. How does this medication fit with my overall wellness plan?
5. What are the potential risks and benefits of the medication, and what are the potential side effects?
6 .If a medication dose is missed or I stop taking it, are there any unfavorable effects?
7. How will I know when it is time to talk about stopping my medication and what steps need to be taken before the medication is stopped?